Happy Thursday Beauties! It’s me Kathleen, the owner, founder and maker of your fave vegan skincare brand wink wink! I’m so excited for my first weekly With Love By KM blog post! I have been wanting a way to connect further with you all and I’m excited to build a closer community through this blog posts and future posts!
Today’s topic was an easy pick for me, I’m a big believer that what we put onto our skin is just as important as the nutrients we put into our bodies. The foods we eat on a regular basis can have major impacts on the health of our skin.
I know so many people love smoothies because they are quick to make and you can easily take them on the go, so I thought I would share a recipe for a delicious smoothie that is good for your body and your skin! I drink this smoothie almost daily (I rotate between a few recipes, I’ll share those at a later date for sure).
What you will need is...
1 Ripened Banana
- Bananas actually contain manganese which helps your body produce collagen and can help protect your skin against radical damage.
- Packed with Vitamin A bananas are also thought to help acne by reducing inflammation.
1/2 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- Rich in Vitamin C strawberries can help keep our skin looking healthy and vibrant.
- Some studies have shown that low levels of antioxidants can cause certain forms of acne and strawberries are packed with skin loving antioxidants!
Heaping Handful of Kale
- High in Vitamin E, beta-carotene, fiber and a range of phytonutrients found in dark leafy greens such as kale are known to all work together to tighten pores, reduce dark circles and promote collagen production.
Seriously eat those greens!! (And I promise this smoothie tastes so delicious you’ll be like kale yeah!) Okay now a break from this awkward moment and back to the blog!
Enough Orange Juice to blend together (about a half of a cup)
You can use fresh squeezed or store bought.
- Of course oranges are loaded with Vitamin C which we all now know is amazing for the skin, but they also contain high levels of beta-carotene which helps your body create as well as process Vitamin A which aids in skin cell growth.
- Oranges also contain natural oils which can help maintain a natural healthy glow and its citric acid content is known to help dry out acne.
Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy!
With Love By KM